Task 4 VST Produced Sound Effects

Sound Effects













This sound was meant to sound like a little tune tat is to play as the character dies. I also made it to sound as if it was being played on a flute in the Aztec jungle. This sound was created using the VSTi Tapeotronic.











I created this sound as a Victory sound when you finished the game. The sound is meant to be a tune that is quite high pitched and it gets gradually higher as it progresses. I used a wind VSTi to give it a bit of ambience. I also used the Tapeotronic VSTi as this is te onl VSTi that I can find that sounds like it is in the jungle.














This sound is meant to be the sound of the player shooting from a gun. I created it using the Mr. Alias Pro VSTi Plugin.







To create this sound I went out with a group of people and captured a few different sounds this one is meant to be a cough that was really close to the mic. After we recorded this i opened the file in Reaper and though to change the Pitch to 0 d.B to sound more deep. Now I think this sound will be a good sound for an enemy being hit.

Ambient and Directional

Ambient Cough



When I was editing these tracks I wanted to see how high he pitch could go so I went up to 50 d.B. This made the track sound like some alien technology or something on a radio. I don't think this sound would make a good asset into my game but if I was making a game based on sci-fi this sound would be more than acceptable. Below is the edited version;


Cafeteria Ambience



I didn't really know what to change when editing this track however, I changed the playback rate and the pitch to give the effect of it going rather fast. This could be used to show a scene going fast in a movie. The edited version is below;


Outside Ambience



Once again I don't really like editing these ambient sounds as I feel they should be changed too much. What i did do though is change the pitch and the playback rate, his sound could be used in a video in an outdoor scene if they were in a city or a small town. The edited version is below;



Directional Chair



We went to record the sound of a chair being dragged against the floor and edited it to give it a more deep sound. Maybe o sound like somebody is dragging a rock or something that is metal. This could be used in games to make it sound like the character is pulling something out maybe something of great weight. The edited version is below;



Directional Cough



This sound is simply just a cough however, after a little bit of manipulation I got a sound that could be used as a character in a game is being hit/hurt. To make this sound I changed the pitch to -3 d.B and it make the sound deeper. The edited version is below;



Door Directional



This sound could be used in many different scenes for example, in a move where a door is opening or even in a horror themed video game to create tension so the player can expect when something is going to jump out. The edited version is below;



Directional Scrapping



This is my last sound which could also be implemented into a horror game to simulate someone stepping around the player. I edited my version to make the foot sound like he is stamping on a solid floor where the steps have been moved close to make the steps sound more frequent. The edited version is below;